tempered glass china
Processing technique :
Tempered glass is produced by heating annealed glass in a furnace to 620°C. Progressing from the furnace, the glass is rapidly cooled with jets of cold air, inducing compressive stresses to the surface while the center remains tensile.
Tempered Glass Features:
1) High light transmittance, excellent optical performance.
2) Smooth and flat surface, visible flaw is controlled strictly
3)Thickness available from 3mm to 25mm
4) 5 times harder than ordinary float glass, stronger resistance to thermal breakage than annealed or heat strengthened glass.
5) Once breakage occurs, the glass disintegrates into small cubical fragments, which are relatively harmless to human body.
6) It withstands abrupt temperature change of 220 Centigrade.
7) Sizes are produced as per customer request. Once tempered, it can not be cut down.